The 17th Verzió International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival awarded six creators of outstanding documentary films at the annual awards ceremony on 20 November 2020. The Award Recipients are the following:
- Human Rights Film Award: Welcome to Chechnya (USA, d. David France)
- Student/Debut Film Award: Sonny (Poland, d. Paweł Chorzępa)
- Best Hungarian Film Award: Give Me Shelter (Hungary, d. Mihály Schwechtje)
- Audience Award: Terminal Stage (Hungary, d. Ilona Gaal and Balázs Wizner)
- Human Rights Special Award: The Earth is Blue as an Orange (Ukraine, Lithuania, d. Iryna Tsilyk)
- Student/Debut Special Award: Stunned, I Remain Alert (Brazil, d. Lucas H. Rossi dos Santos and Henrique Amud)
The full jury statements can be found here.
More information can be found here.