To further the dissemination of the excellent work that CEU students produce in the practice-based courses that are part of the Visual Theory and Practice (VTP) Advanced Certificate, the Visual Studies Platform (VSP) has established two opportunities for VTP students to apply for funding to support their projects:
- The Visual Production Grant provides financial support for production costs of up to 1000 Euros to select projects that demonstrate a great degree of promise. Eligible expenses include, for example, travel arrangements, equipment rental, printing costs, or costs associated with mounting an exhibition.
- The Festival/Exhibition Promotion Grant offers selected projects funding of up to 200 Euros for submission fees to competitions, festivals, and exhibitions, as well as for supporting promotional material.
- The applicant should be the main producer/primary author of the project.
- The applicant should be a CEU student enrolled in the VTP Certificate Program.
- Projects should be produced as part of a CEU course, as part of a thesis project, or should at least constitute a significant part of the applicant’s academic research.
- Projects must be completed within one year of the application date.
Application Evaluation Criteria:
- The originality and artistic quality of the project
- The social relevance of the topic and its analytical/critical engagement
- The feasibility of the project, in particular for it to be completed within the proposed timeframe
- The potential impact of the project within and beyond academia
- The potential of the project to further the applicant’s career or research
- The degree to which the proposal builds on, and is integrated into, the applicant’s research
The deadline for submissions is Friday, March 31, 2023, after which submissions will be considered on a rolling basis, depending on the availability of funds. Applications will be evaluated by the VSP core team.
Applications must be submitted online using the following form:
VSP Student Support Grants 2023 application form